Cyclone Hamish


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays » Hayman Island
March 6th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's my last day here on Hayman Island. Unfortunatley my boss turned out to be the biggest bitch I ever met and it just wasn't worth minimum wage to put up with her bullshit. So we handed in our resignation and today we fly to Sydney to meet up with Mom and Dad which is going to be really good.

It seems that we're leaving right on time as well. A pretty serious cyclone is heading our way and suppose to touch down on our tiny island on sunday. Apparently it's going to be the worst cyclone they've had since cyclone Tracey that happened in 1983 and devastated the Northern Territory. All our managers have been going to cyclone meetings and there is talk of making everyone put there outdoor furniture in our little rooms so they don't end up going threw the windows if it does hit Hayman.

Hayman has already been wiped out by a cyclone before. 32 years ago cyclone ada demolished the whole island. It destroyed a lot of the hotel and from the pictures in orientation it looked like most of the trees were gone too. It will be good to get off the island today and away from the Whitsundays while this happens. We'll be looking for jobs again after a visit with mom and dad so maybe we'll be back to the area or maybe we'll find some place new.....your guess is as good as mine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb