Hayman Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays » Hayman Island
January 30th 2009
Published: January 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well people I finally have a job. I will be doing housekeeping work but that's all going to be okay cause i'll be working on one of the most beautiful islands in the world. The island is called Hayman and it's part of a group of islands called Whitsundays which is situated on the Great Barrier Reef. Saying that I can't believe that i've had the chance to have the Rocky Mountains, the English Lake District and now the Great Barrier Reef all as my backyard at some point.

There's over 500 staff on the island and everyone lives in Staff Village so we have a little town all to ourselves. The only to things on the island are the resort (which has been ranked number one in the world) and the staff village. So we have a staff beach, staff pool, staff store (including post office, liquior store and cafe), staff gym, staff bar, staff diner and many other things. We even have a staff leisure centre where yoga classes are taught and events and competitions are organized. It really sounds like a good set up.

We get to use a lot of the guest areas too. We can use the tennis court, all the water toys, take cruises to the other islands on our days off and for a small fee we can do helicopter rides, dive lessons and a bunch of other stuff I can't even think of. Hope I don't want to take to many helicopter rides hahahaha i do want to save some money.

I leave sunday and catch the boat to Hayman early on monday morning so i'll let you know how it goes....

if you would like to see the island and the resort go to www.hayman.com.au

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb