The Whitsunday Islands


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays » Daydream Island
January 1st 2010
Published: January 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Whitsunday Islands 74 Islands in Paradise....

We decided to add a Section on the Islands as these along with the Great Barrier Reef are what the area is renound for. We have visited alot of the Islands and often more than once. We have stayed on Hamilton Island which is a top resort and is the island from the world wide job search "the Best Job in The World" which is the job English guy Ben Southall won. We met him whilst over at the Race week Party.
We have been to Daydream Island which has a great range of activities to do including pitch and put, swimming in one of 3 pools, outdoor cinema, A pool or mantarays and sharks and some beautiful rainforest walking trails.And of course some of the most amazing fringe coral.
We have also been out to Hook Island a couple of times for the day and Spent the days snorkelling around the beautiful fringe coral this island has to offer, experiencing swimming with some of the biggest fish so far on this trip was so exciting though very scary, especially when they come up to the glass of your snorkel mask to say hello after this just relaxing by the pool on the hammocks with a cool drink, and taking a short walk through the forest to the lookout areas just a short walk from the resort, was always the most blissful experience.
Lastly we have done a few trips out to Whithaven Beach on Whitsunday Island one of the main attractions within the 74 islands known as the Whitsundays. Whitsunday island is world renound for Whitehaven Beach with its white sand and the amazing swirls the sands make on diferent tides especially from looking down from the lookout and across to hill inlet. Totally magical we can understand why it is rated as one of the top 10 beaches in the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb