Rafting on the Tully River


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Tully
March 23rd 2010
Published: April 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Rafting on Tully RiverRafting on Tully RiverRafting on Tully River

Chris, me, Nikki, Georgie, Hannah and another Chris
Some of us on the tour decided to go white water rafting from Cairns before we all separated, so our tour guide decided to join us on his day off. He booked us the tour, but then the night before had to go back to work and drive down to Airlie to evacuate people because of the cyclone down there. So it meant he couldn't come with us. So on the day, we realise he's booked us into the Xtreme Rafting - not just regular rafting. The other girls were freaking out, but I was stoked and couldn't wait. Turns out both trips did the same rapids but on the Xtreme you got to jump out of the raft and swim some rapids, leap off cliffs, flip the boat (on purpose) and generally muck around more than regular rafting. We went with Raging Thunder at Mission Beach, and it was awesome. Chris (our guide) was great and we had a fab time - except when Hannah leapt off the cliff and kinda knocked herself out when she hit the water and I had to swim over and pull her face out of the river! Turns out (so the doctor said later) that she burst one eardrum and almost burst the other, so she was in loads of pain. She went deep when she landed - it was a pretty high cliff we were jumping off. Anyway, she had to get off the raft about 20 minutes after that because she was in too much pain - but other than that - it was awesome. You''ll see in the photos that Chris often has a stupid look on his face - he's doing it on purpose.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



14th April 2010

Whoopeeee
Is this really the same Vicki who we were on the Ferry with going to Stewart Island? Definitely not !

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb