magnetic/townsville


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
August 16th 2006
Published: August 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey
right well i think my last blog was about me n my irish freinds on magnetic..well left them ..no tby choice but i had already booked accomadation elsewhere...but this turned out to be so chilled n i finally got to hold a koala.yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy..there so cute...but also a baby croc...and a snake...i have never nearly been scared to tears...but as sum may know..i hate snakes...make my skin crawl..but thort no..am gunna do it...erggg..was horrible there just as creeepy, n slithery n freeky, n unpredicatable as i already known them to be...errggg...feel grosse just thinking about them but did it..made unwanted friends with molly the carpet python--so yay-i think!? anwyas spent the rest of the week tryign to save sum money cos this yonglaa trip had taken a big hole in the buget but being on magnetic allowed this...spent my days walking around the island,,, going to succluded little beaches...was gorgeous n the wild life was brillaint, possums, wallabies, koalas, insects, lizards , butterflys-was beautiful...anyways left magnetic on sunday, so had been there a week n left to go to townsville- where i had kicked up a stink with the yonagla people n made them come pick me up- which they did,...so yaaayy!!
OMG- im thinking this dive site needs its own page...i dont even know how to descibe it- i cant--was the best thing this whole trip- just visabitly of 20m...n the fish there all HUGE..im talking 6ft grouper everywhere, sea snakes---theyre cool tho--not as rank as real snakes- these are honery fish..neways...turtles, 100's of sholes of big n little fish, whale n dolphin noises so loud throughout the dive...just couldnt belive my eyes/ears..o yer and the actaully ship its self- covered in beautiful soft corals n u can see the rooms, n the toilets...incredable!!!was like a kid , on chritsmas, at disneyland in heaven...my mask kept on leaking cos i was smiling so much- everything iv done in my training was totally forgotten...i jsut cant describe it! anwyas it gets better..was on tractor back home..yayy!...n they asked me if i wanted to host for them..it would involve cleanign, cooking, general help n i culd get the dives for free...hhmmm i said let me think..OK!!!!! so yes for the last 3days i have been working for the best place to see one of the top dives in the world---for free!!!! LIFE IS SWEET---today i saw 6 6ft bullsharks in a row..they started closing in..yer nerved me alittle- these sharks can be nasty!...arrr soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awsome,,anyways get day off 2mo (kinda yay..not a 5am start 2mo)..but dont get to dive 😞...cos winds are too high but the girl in the bunk below me is an instructor n if she turns up 2nite am guna take her up on her offer to get me on her dive baot..n dive for free..again!! (so maybe a dive)yey- cos i havnt actaully dived the barrier reef yet...but i will!!!!!!!
anyways thats the update...and the day countdown has began ..12 days 😞..but am lookin g4ward to seeing every1..but yes still lots 2 do...
anyways hope ur all well \n just think in 2 weeks u wont have 2 read my scrawl anymore!!!
lots of love xxxxxx

Advertisement



16th August 2006

Bull Sarks- wow!
It sounds amazing. You deserve all this good fortune. Anyone can travel, anyone can party, but only the very few have your enthusiasm and personality and your love of nature. Dive as much as you can. Respect the Bull Sharks and try and scrounge a camera to take some pics for us to see some of this amazing stuff, or blag some pics off some of the divers you are with. Big hugs, Dad and Mum, Fred and Alex.
19th August 2006

hey stef. how are you?? im scared for you about the sharks, i hate them like you hate snakes. im infact scared by lots of things under the sea but its sounds wonderful, magical and very lovely. the weather's turned british once again, i am happy for it, i enjoyed the sunshine dont get me wrong but in the end i am a true english bird and the clouds, rain and chills make me feel lovely (hmmm). lovely isnt the right word but i cant think. anyway, love love dear, be safe, have fun, dont get eaten!!xx

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb