sun burnt bum # 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
July 7th 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hello!
I have finally been able to log on to my travel blog after several failed attempts in the last week! Have got to now try and remember what I have been doing!
Had a great time in Cairns catchin up with the girls and had some good nights out which included dancing on tables (this was encouranged!) and staying up till a stupid hour in the morning to see England lose football (we didn't actually get to see them lose as the pub shut at full time!!). We also visited Fitzroy island which was beautiful and the see life was amazing! Swimmin just a few meters off the shore with snorkel we saw the most amazing sea life and coral including the biggest fish I have ever seem live...about 70 or 80 cm and Conor and Marco saw two large sea turtles. Conor also saw a small shark...completely harmless but he was definitly scared! We could not believe how many different variety of sepcies of fish were around and saw more than when I was scuba diving in thailand!
It was really hot that day and I managed to burn my bum (again!) which was quite painful for a couple of days and Katie and Patrick burnt backs....even though we were piling on the sun cream!
We dicided to buy a joint trip ticket for about $500 which included about 10 or 11 nights accomodation on the East coast as well as a sailing trip around the Whitsunday islands and a three day trip on Fraser island which we are all looking forward to.
We are now in Townsville, we visited Magnetic island yesterday which was huge. The Lynch sister had stayed up drinking until 5am and were v hung over and no one had much energy so we didn't do that much exploring but there were some nice beaches and would defo say worth a visit.
Conor (Roisins and Clares bro) left yesterday to start work at the carnival again but hoping to catch up with him again in Brisbane.
We are leaving for Airlie beach today and then are due to start out sailing trip tomorrow which should be fun. Unfortunately, I have developed a ear infection and don't think I will be able to do the scuba dive included in the trip which am gutted about!
Got to go check my bank balance now...v skint at the moment!
Kazza

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb