TOWNSVILLE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
July 9th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Castle Hill TownsvilleCastle Hill TownsvilleCastle Hill Townsville

What a great way to see a city. This view has the casino in the background.
3 Nights in Townsville. Loved this place! Like a mini Brisbane but on the Great Barrier Reef. Only a few days out from the V8 Supercar Race so lots of people around.
Castle Hill right in the middle of town has fantastic views of the whole of Townsville.
We went for a stroll along "The Stand" a beachfront walkway lined with restaurants, coffee shops a rock pool and great water park for kids when we got a call from friends who we haven't talked to for ages. Major coincidence that they happen to live in Townsville so we had cofee and cought up with them...3 hours later we headed back to camp.
Maxi went into doggy day care. I think he was grateful for the sleep time. Old dog needs lots of sleep which he hasn't been getting. We went to "Reef HQ" a barrier reef under water world type place. Great way to see all the coral and many many tropical fish. Well worth it.

Headed out of Townsville on a very steep and windy scenic drive to visit Paluma which is a tiny rainforest village. Little pottery shops to look at and beautiful crystal clear creeks. We didn't stay for long as most of it is national park and the dog can't be there.

Kept on driving till we got to Taylors Beach where we camped for one night and explored the little town of Ingham where I was happy to find a book exchange so I could do a swap and get a few more books to read.

Now making our way to Mission Beach.


Advertisement



10th July 2011

Hello From Canada
Hi, I hope you don't mind I have been reading your blog and have really enjoyed it! We are coming to Australia to do a month long trip in the same areas that you are in currently. We arrive July 20 and will be taking a campervan up the coast to Cairns. How are you finding the prices for food and gas? What places do you recommend for camping? Thanks! nan
11th July 2011

Gas is about 90 cents a litre and fuel around $1.50. Everywhere we have camped is good.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb