Toowoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
July 19th 2011
Published: July 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 19th July
Went for a drive around the tourist drive and Toowoomba is a very pretty place, there are a lot of very beautiful old queenslanders in the centre of town, then we came across Queens park and they have just set it all out with flowing plants ready for spring and their flower festival. We could imagine how it would look when it is all in flower.
Then we spotted a tree in a cage and throught there had to be something special about this tree and found out it was a Wollemi Pine which is a very ancient and rare pine tree discovered in 1994 in NSW.
Wednesday 20th July
John's birthday today, he received a lot of phone calls wishing him a happy birthday which he was very gratefull for. We decided to have lunch at a Chinese resturant walking distance from the caravan park but when we arrived there (in the freezing wind) it was closed so we went next door to the hotel and had a great meal sitting next to a wood fire - it was hard to leave and head out into the cold wind again.
Thursday 21st July
Had to get 1 new tyre for the car and 1 for the caravan - it was not so cold and windy today - the sun was shining but still a little cold but a lot better than the last two freezing days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb