Edit Blog Post
Published: July 10th 2013
My thoughts at 1.18 am 13.02.2011:
So, the countdown has begun - only 2.5 hours until I'm on the airport flyer and only 8 hours left in the country. I'm pulling an all nighter so hopefully I can sleep on the bus/plane. So far I've been up since 9 am so that makes it ... Ok not long at all. I'll update when I have a more impressive number. Sure this can back fire - I could possibly not be in a bed until 11pm tonight meaning over 24 hours awake (never good when combined with a different country, travel, different language, overly emotional individual).
Surprisingly I don't feel emotional, rather I feel all cried out (semi-dehydrated from said crying) and pretty eager to just get over there so it can begin already! Don't get me wrong, I haven't said goodbye to my family yet, so I'm yet to see how my water proof mascara is going to hold up. I think the reason for this 'emotional detachment' is simply that I'm not saying 'goodbye' I'm saying 'see ya later'. A year is 365 days, out of 22 years (almost 23) in the broad scheme of things is not t really very much. Really just a drop in the ocean, a needle in a haystack, a grain of sand on the beach, a wheat grain in a silo, a freckle on a rangas face... You get it 😉
Today has been magnificent, a few shout outs JUST from today:
- Jade and Aleisha for their great scrap books, Sugar baby, and hugs
- Simmo for coming along to say goodbye, and chilled out hungover advice about travelling
- My sister Robin for being my chauffeur all day (due to selling my car yesterday) and sharing secrets
- A great phone call from my dad, that I got to share with my sister, and a promise to send me fake tan for my birthday
- Myles for getting me the Sims 3 (and I say that loosely..)
- Little Rach for her beautiful photo, and for promising to be my good old fashioned pen pal!
- Mumsie and Mal-pie for throwing me a family going away gathering, and for also driving me around today
- Cal-mac for helping me hang out my washing, and entertaining/distracting me while I packed
- Nikki for dropping off my shirt instead of making me run there and back to get it!
- All my family and friends who have shared their wisdom with me, wished me well, patted me on the back, shed a tear, and said 'see you in a year'
- My nieces who TOLD me to stay, and asked if a year in China meant I'd be back next week
- James, who I will hopefully be seeing in 5 hours at Bris International Airport!
So to begin with I'm feeling pretty prepared.
Except for this flight business... I've always booked directly with a flight, I've tried to call this kids (Southern China Airlines) but have not had any luck. As in I'm yet to actually speak to someone. Here's hoping I didn't have to check in or confirm 72 hours beforehand.
I will cry if they turn me away.
Take of my clothes.
Pull things to the ground.
End up on border security....
Ok so I'll update at the airport (once I know everything's going to be ok.
Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1;
; mem: 1mb