Renovations (Part 3) & New job!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
October 19th 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finally, we are almost finished the house, and are leaving in 5 days time to a new job! The house is all painted, has a new kitchen and a new bathroom, 7 new windows, new lights, new fans, new arch-ways etc and is totally ready to have the floors polished. This week we are just finishing bits off, putting door handles on etc and clearing the place out. Really proud of the work we have done, and especially pleased with the kitchen - one of the walls we were allowed to pain bright red!
The new job is on a farm in New South Wales in the outback near a place called Wee Waa. The farm itself is 80km from the nearest town (which has 1000 people and a post office) and 150kms from the nearest supermarket with a 16km long dirt-track driveway off the main tarmac road. So quite remote! The farm is a grain farm so we’ll be working there for 6-8 weeks during the harvest. Mainly driving chaser bins, doing general farm duties etc. I will also be the farm first aider and helping to look after the kids sometimes, helping with the horses & other few animals they have and so forth. Very excited about the new job as it will be quite an adventure, and looking forward to going somewhere new & meeting new people as well as learning some new skills on the farm. The hours will be verrrrry long, but once this job is done we can finish work for the year! Just hoping that no-one gets any snake or spider bites - I have attended a first aid course today to prepare for those eventualities! Did I mention the deadly red-back spider that came to visit the toilet in the house? Not a welcome visitor!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



24th November 2010

Dear Abbie, I see that your blog is about travel and also has some amazing pics.Citymedia foundation(http://citymediafoundation.org) has launched www.city.vi , a network of 68,000 city specific video sites, where you can share videos about cities and regions across the world. Like for Sydney videos you can visit http://sydney.vi . You can also find out about other cities that you are interested . Hope to see you there :)

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb