House Renovations (Part 1)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
June 22nd 2010
Published: September 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the day we were packing up the cotton farming house and leaving in search of a new job, the farm owner rang us and asked if we fancied renovating a house for him?! Aswell as the farm, he also owns a number of investment properties which he either rents out or sells on. So we excitedly took the job and moved just an hour down the road to Toowoomba to begin renovating the house. The house is a run down Queenslander house that needed much TLC (and paint!)
We've basically done one room at a time as the boss wasn't totally sure how much work he wanted doing / how long it would take. The house has two enclosed veranda rooms, 3 bedrooms, living room, bathroom, kitchen and porch. We started in the veranda rooms before moving onto one of the bedooms. All of the walls were covered with maisonite sheeting but had beautiful vertically joined timber boards behind it, so we took all the sheeting off the walls.
This left us with a lots of old looking walls which required a lot of sanding, gap filling and preparation work to get ready to paint. Michael has done most of the wood work and fitted all new skirting boards and door / window frames etc. Obviously there were lots of windows in the veranda rooms (27!) and they also all required sanding and painting. I now DETEST even looking at a window!!

Varous things to do around Toowoomba - I've joined the local pool, there are markets at weekends, national parks near-by, we've been to a wildlife park, visited other local towns etc. For my birthday on 18th June we went out for dinner and to the cinema.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb