Advenures Down Unda


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
December 30th 2010
Published: January 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

Leave woodstocky Byron and move on to Surfers Paradise. Our hostel here is much better! I laughed when w first arrived because here we are in Australia's version of Miami; a sizzling hot ity on the beach and our hostel fit right in. This bright pink building with an attitude and "Islander Backpackers" tattooed down the side of the building. It was also conveniently located next to a liquor store or as they say here "bottle shop." We check in, go to our room, and lo and be hold we meet Dennis the Menice: our hostel mate! Imagine this awkward, plump, German guy in tighty whites and an over sized t-shirt that hardly speaks any English. Elizabeth ad I realize right away that he's going to bee a nuisance so we immediately diverge a plan to go "shopping" to get out of the room while we were waiting for Sheba's call. We start to get ready, freshen up, lock our stuff, and walk out the door. Dennis the Menice apparently had somewhere to go as well because in the midst of us shuffling around neither of us noticed that he too was getting ready. We quickly realize that he has every intention of following us... Everywhere! Before we can figure out a way to get rid of him he asks... In broken English he asks if he "cin chop wiz us." All Elizabeth ad I could think to say was "er, uh, uh, um, ya I guess." Hoping htat Sheba would call us any minute and save the day. After about an hour she did! Twenty minutes later which seemed like an eternity Sheba and her boyfriend Kamal came and picked us up for a bbq. Elizabeth and I have come to learn that Australians "grow up" much faster than Americans. Kamals house can attest to that!



Advertisement



6th January 2011

Lol, everyone grows up faster than SD kids! Home ownership will come, enjoy the freedom sweetie. Thank Sheba & Kamal for feeding our honey girl, they are welcome in my home anytime!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb