Vlad & Shilo take on Surfer's Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
August 1st 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Miami BeachMiami BeachMiami Beach

Our beach stroll through Miami.
This was supposed to be our "rest" day, but we decided that we wanted to check out Surfer's Paradise, the popular, touristy location on the Gold Coast. After brekkie, we hailed a bus and headed up the Gold Coast highway. Miami Beach was so beautiful that we decided to hop off and walk for a way on the beach. We walked for about an hour, and then hailed another bus the rest of the way to Surfer's (as it is referred to here).

Surfer's is basically a shopping town by day, and a party town by night. There are heaps and heaps of shops, and the malls all just kinda blend into each other. We did 2 museums, the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, and the Wax Museum (complete with Chamber of Horrors).

We also had lunch on the beach, and tuttled around the town for a while. They have some very interesting stores there, like "Condom Kingdom" (we didn't buy anything there), and we also went and had a look at the Hard Rock Cafe.

In one of the souvenir shops, they had, hanging on chains similar to lucky rabbit foots, Kangaroo Scrotums. I was very
Surfer's ParadiseSurfer's ParadiseSurfer's Paradise

... and what Paradise it is...
tempted to buy one for my boss, but alas, I did not...

Oz Oddities:
- on the way home on the bus, the moon was out. It was a full moon, so it was nice and bright, but we couldn't believe how low it was in the sky!! The moon was lower than the top of a high-rise.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb