Our holiday at Twin Waters


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast
December 14th 2015
Published: December 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

IMG_6123IMG_6123IMG_6123

Dana swimming with her pelican
Twin waters



We spent the first week of our holidays at Twin Waters on the Sunshine coast. We love coming here, as it reminds us of the Aussie version of a place we stayed at in Waikoloa Hawaii. There is a hotel (Novotel) on one side, complete with water activities, pool, golf, archery and segways to name a few. A large manmade lake is in the middle and is the perfect place for the family to enjoy kayaking, sailing, riding stand up paddle boards to name a few. Kids can also enjoy the jumping trampoline into the lake and fish feeding as well. Our most favourite activity was the aqua park. We all had an awesome time at this park (but man did we feel it in the days that followed!) We stayed at some units across the other side of the lake run by Grande Mercure and were able to use all Novotel facilities during our stay.





There are many different walking tracks you can use to walk around the complex. Dana and I enjoyed discovering new tracks to walk each day. Her favourites were the ones that took us to the
IMG_6134IMG_6134IMG_6134

Kayaking with Dana
beach for a morning walk and the other was from the jetty that you could swim around and a pelican came swimming up beside her.



During our stay we also enjoyed some excursions as well. One of them was to Aussie World. I had never been to Aussie World before, but had heard lots of good things about it. So off we went to see what all the fuss was about. On arrival, there were 6 buses with 4 school groups, ranging from 8 year olds to 15 year olds. We were worried about this, as usually this much of an influx would mean longer queues and waiting times for rides. However that was not the case. We would have waiting maybe 5-10 minutes for the longest queue, which was the roller coaster. Other than that, there wasn’t much to wait for, which made the day even more enjoyable. Some of the highlights were the roller coaster, log ride, caterpillar ride (Dana’s favourite), swing ride (Ava’s favourite), dodgems, giant slide, the Illusionarium and mini golf (which I won!!!). All in all Aussie world was a great day out for the whole family.




IMG_6140IMG_6140IMG_6140

Morning beach walk with Dana



Other excursions included Eumundi markets, Noosa for a swim and Coolum for surfing lessons. Eumundi markets were so big, we spent 3 hours there and still didn’t see everything, however we were very pleased with our purchases for Christmas presents.







Noosa is a beautiful piece of paradise. Hastings street; is the main street that runs alongside the beach. There were many food outlets and shops to wonder through. The beach itself is beautiful with crisp white sand and gorgeous aqua water; you would never tire looking at it.







Surfing at the Coolum surfing school is something I have wanted to try for ages. Finally we had our chance. The weather was perfect, waves were big enough and we were ready to learn the skills of surfing. First we were taken through some ‘theory’ about the waves, getting stuck in rips etc. Then came time to practice standing up on the board. To most surfers, they make this look effortless. For me, I was still aching all over from the aqua park from the day before and found this task a little more taxing. Whilst
IMG_6232IMG_6232IMG_6232

Log ride at Aussie world
I managed to get up and ride a few waves, I think I got smashed by them more. The girls were naturals – grommets in the making. Dana particularly being smaller made it look so easy. I have to say, I am very impressed with the patience of the trainers as they took everyone through one by one until they were capable of riding the waves and never gave up on you.



Our other fun activity during our stay was at the aqua park. There are many large blow up obstacles on the lake and my girls decided it reminded them of the TV show Wipeout. So with our physical challenge set, we were ready to combine and conquer. 50 minutes later, we were all exhausted from our fun afternoon on the lake.







It’s always sad to say goodbye to a really good holiday, however we were popping in to see friends at Hervey Bay and 1770 on the way home. Then we were ready to prepare for leaving our home town of Gladstone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

IMG_6251IMG_6251
IMG_6251

Celebration time at Coolum surf club
IMG_6276IMG_6276
IMG_6276

Noosa beach
IMG_6296IMG_6296
IMG_6296

Dana ready for the Aqua park
IMG_6303IMG_6303
IMG_6303

Ready for some catamaran action
kris-1kris-1
kris-1

Preparing to learn to surf
kris-17kris-17
kris-17

Ava catching a wave
kris-36kris-36
kris-36

Ange standing up for once
kris-27kris-27
kris-27

Kris riding a wave
kris-78kris-78
kris-78

Look at Dana - makes it look so easy


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb