Pelicans, Dolphins and Kangaroos!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast » Mooloolaba
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, the week kicked off with Della seeing her first "roo"! The day i decided to stay at the house! Something to with the Law of Sod me thinks! We had just had a torrential downpour and the sun was shining again when Della and Sue went out to the local shops - en route they saw not just one kangaroo at the roadside but a whole "herd" of them......how cool is that??!! Next time i'll be going to the shops!

The weather is warmer with each day - Winter is almost over and Spring is just around the corner........well, that's what the weather man keeps telling us - seems like summer to us Northern Hemisphere gals!!!

We have taken "Sally" (the miniature poodle we are looking after), to the beach every day and whilst on our trips we have been lucky enough to see dolpins off shore and pelicans flying overhead! This is dog walking Oz-style! Lovin' it! We've also seen the chaps who row the "outriggers" - reminded us of Hawaii Five-O! Now we are showing our age!!! The guys are all very athletic and well-toned - a bit of a waste on us really but very easy on the eye nonetheless!

We have been busy planning a trip to Tropical North Queensland and the Reef where we will be spending most of September. We will be flying out of Brisbane on 4th Sept - a short flight taking us to The Whitsunday Coast where we will be spending 7 days before driving further north. We hope to spend a few nights at Mission Beach before reaching Port Douglas where we will be based for 10 nights. Our plan is to visit the Great Barrier Reef, The Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation before returning to the Sunshine Coast at the end of September, whatever we hope to be sipping something bubbly, somewhere pretty on our 25th Anniversary!!







Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb