Swimming with Sharks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast » Mooloolaba
December 27th 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well what else do you do on Christmas Eve? Fatty and Fiendish went for a scuba leson and then decended into the aquarium on the shark side of the tank with us girls (plus Batter) all watching from the safety of the moving carpet! They both enjoyed it but something must have spooked Fiendish from the look of his hair!. The bonus was that they both came out with a shark's tooth each - found on the floor you understand and not wrestled from the circling sharks themselves!

Christmas day itself was a calmer affair with not a live predator in sight - unles you count the dog Shumba! The kids managed to stay away from their presents until 6.30 which was still too early for Fiendish but the majority won! There was general relief that Father Christmas had received the letters from Flirty and Fabulous detailing where we would be spending Christmas night and happily the stockings were, if not bulging at least amply filled by Christmas morning.

We spent a relaxing day by the pool in the HOT weather and had COLD turkey for lunch. The Family 5 verdict - nice for a change but we prefer
 Thesbian sisters Thesbian sisters Thesbian sisters

Part of the Christmas afternoon Performance
the COLD weather and HOT turkey version!

We were also entertained by a performance of poems songs and dancing by the younger members of the family whch culminated in a full blown production for Boxing Day.

We have been blown away by the colourful birds who feed on the 'B' teams verandah. They definitely beat our sparows and blackbirds. The King Parrots and Laurakeats are particlularly colourful and for my money look like they have escaped from the zoo!.
We have also been listening to the cuckaburra who makes a scary cackling sound at dusk and early evening and for the benefit of the Brownies and Guides reading, does in fact sit in an old gum tree - one of several in fact around the garden.

Today we went for a sailing lesson. It was great fun and all the kids enjoyed it - especially when they did the capsize at the end! We are hoping to do more sailing next week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb