Here Comes the Sun


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast » Mooloolaba
December 23rd 2007
Published: December 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we were certainly glad to get to Oz and feel the sun on our faces. The weather since we got here (although rainy at times) has been warm and generally sunny - we have been on the beach and got a little sun burn. Bring it on!For those of you who have noticed that our photos show us wearing less and less clothing here you see another layer bites the dust.
The flight was ok - for a 14 hour session in a little tube flying high overnight sat next to Fiendish. Me and the girls continued to jangle through LA where we had a great meal and meet up with Tony and then onto Brisbane where we q'ed for 2 hours to get through immigration and customs. Finally we made it out and we were met by the 'B' Team. (Yes at that time it did stand for 'Bored'!)
Our house here is great. We have been very lucky to do a home exchange here in Mooloolaba and the owers have left us with all sorts of useful things to make our life easier - including car and computer so we are very lucky.
We have not really been hit by jet lag - a good tip for overcoming jet lag is to go to an all night party the day after arriving - it certainly worked for us - the next day we couldnt tell what month it was let alone what time of day!! (that may have been due to the fuzzy head as well!) Anyway we have met lots of friendly Australians and really enjoyed the party - particular thanks to Lois and Jo. You may be wondering what happened to the kids - well they were in the safe hands of Beefy's parents who stayed over and took on both sets of cousins! Bravo!
After a quiet day on Friday - the kids all had a surfing lesson yesterday. They all had a really good go and all managed to stand up by the end of the lesson. For the B team Beauty made the most runs and for Family 5 Flirty gets a mention as the most persistant - with a great surf in to the beach on her last run! But they all did well.
Christmas shopping loomed yesterday afternoon - none of us can quite bring oursleves to believe that Christmas Day
Decorated BackpacksDecorated BackpacksDecorated Backpacks

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...
is only a matter of days away now - we feel so unchristmassy
Tomorrow Fatty and Fiendish are doing scuba diving - they have a lesson and then get put in the shark tank - even better we can all go and look from the safety of the right side of glass viewing window - so watch this space for a full account.

Finally HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



23rd December 2007

Jetlag
Sounds like you did a better job of the jetlag than we did. We really struggled through the next 3 days.

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb