St George Qld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » St.George
May 18th 2022
Published: July 19th 2022
Edit Blog Post

After rising early for one last soak in the relaxing thermal pools of Moree, we packed up and headed across the Queensland border to St George. Due to the heavy rains in the area and the land being near dead flat, we had to negotiate several flooded sections of the road. One of these was over 30 cm deep, where we just followed the faint centre line of the road. We were unable to pull over as there was water on both sides of the road most of the journey, as we were liable to get the car and caravan bogged in the mud.

We went for long walks each day along the Balonne River at St George, which was in flood. On Tuesday we did a Bird Watching tour with a local Twitcher. The evening log fires and garlic pizza bites provided by the Park Owners were great for meeting people. We drove out to Beardmore Dam (upstream on the Balonne River) which was releasing a torrent of water due to the significant inflows to the dam.

We stayed an extra few nights in St George due to the Surat Bridge which we had to cross on our way to Roma, being flooded.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb