Roma - the top left corner of our trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Roma
November 20th 2011
Published: November 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We planned on staying in another free camp on Friday night, at the Wallumbilla Show Ground, it is a 48 hour camp with water and free power, but there was no consistant mobile signal so we decided to head straight to Roma.

After checking out 2 of the caravan parks, we figured it wouldn't hurt to drive out to the Meadowbank Farmstay and see what it was like. It probably wouldn't have been bad, but there wasn't much shade and we needed supplies, so the decision was made that Roma was the place to set up.

So, we settled on staying at a caravan park that has a small playground and pool.... the weekly rate is comparable to the other 2 parks, but they charge an extra $5.00 a night for children 1 and over! It is a nicer park though, so we've just got to suck it up and make use of the facilities.

Yesterday was the annual Roma Race Day. Of course we picked the caravan just down the road from the race track. The noise levels in the park weren't all that bad (though the two couple beside us drunk talked until late), but one of the neighbouring houses had a party happening and seemed to think starting a lawn mower at 11pm was good fun.

When we checked in the manager was pretty clear that if the dogs barked he wouldn't have a problem with kicking us out. So, the last two nights they have been inside the van with us (kicking back in the air-con) to keep them quiet... it means getting up at 2am to give them a toilet break, but at least we can't be shown the gate.

It looks like the job Ryan has to do out here is going to involve night shift... 2 weeks of it. Noah and I might be getting to know the main streets of Roma quite well as we abandon the van to let him sleep during the day. I did see a clothes shop I want to check out and a shoe shop. Plus I still have a secret santa gift to buy and I have no idea what to get.

Tomorrow, Noah and I are off to visit the information centre to see what we should be seeing while we're here. A trip to the winery next door, which has apparently been around for ages, might be in order while we're here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb