Back on the Wallaby


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rollingstone
September 8th 2009
Published: September 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, only in a manner of speaking. It was great if very busy being back home, getting to see all the family and helping to celebrate all the special birthdays. Tara and the boys making the trip from New Zealand was a great bonus and we were glad we were there for Jason after his car accident. Thankfully, when it was time to leave the big city, life was almost back to normal and Jason recovering.

We arrived back in Townsville at lunch time yesterday and, after picking up the motor home - all intact and waiting for us - donning shorts and t shirts and doing a food shop, we decided Rollingstone was calling us once more, so we drove the 50 klms north and here we are.

We were given the very front site on the beachfront - when we step outside we are on sand, the palm trees, the sand, the ocean, the islands are our view. The moon shining on the water and sunrise over the ocean have been wonderful to see. We had thought we'd just stay one night but have added another and must tear ourselves away tomorrow to continue our travels.

It will be a day of swimming and sunning by the pool, sitting outside gazing out to sea, maybe a little walk along the sand, picking up shells and some of the coral that is washed onto the beach. We might try one of the coconuts that lie under the palms, or some pineapple we've bought from the farm next door. Aahhh, it's a tough life!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sitting under the awningSitting under the awning
Sitting under the awning

Listening to the lapping of the waves


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb