Last day at Rollingstone, last post for now.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rollingstone
August 18th 2009
Published: August 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have had five wonderful days and nights at Rollingstone, walking the beach, swimming in the pool, just lazing around in the sunshine, chatting to the other campers and I've begun the big job of scrapbooking my photos of our trip.

We've found birds have been prolific around the country and here is no exception. Each evening lorrikeets make a racket as they settle into the trees, yesterday there was a Brahminy Kite and a Sea Eagle flying overhead and fishing in the shallows of the ocean was a Jabiru. The female Red Tailed Black Cockatoo was in the tree next to the motor home a couple of days ago too.

We leave Rollingstone tomorrow and fly out on Friday for Sydney. It will be a busy couple of weeks, special birthdays for Jason, Diane and Samsara, a wedding anniversary for Nicholas and Lyndall, Father's Day and Tara and the boys are flying over to see us while we're home, and to help Aunty Di celebrate her birthday.

We'll be back 7th September to continue our travels north.

WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW, JASON!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

JabiruJabiru
Jabiru

I wish I had a long lens on my camera!
Red Tailed Black CockatooRed Tailed Black Cockatoo
Red Tailed Black Cockatoo

But, just to confuse matters, the female doesn't have red feathers on her tail


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb