Rockhampton!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
March 6th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola,

We left Rainbow Beach early that morning.... and had a little scare before leaving... our little car wouldn't start and we knew we desperately needed petrol so we assumed that was why although we really were concerned as the engine wouldn't even turn over! Half way walking towards the petrol station to buy a can of petrol, hoping that would solve the problem, Greg realised it was maybe because he hadn't put his foot down on the clutch when starting the car!! Silly billy! That was the reason the car wouldn't start! My mums car is the same so I don't have to remember to do that .... but we were really relieved! It was quite a long drive up to Rockhampton (where we had been instructed to stay the night and break up the drive to Airlie beach, where our Whitsunday Islands trip departed from, as the steak there is so good!) so we stopped at Agnes Water on the way and spent the afternoon on the beach....although we didn't really go in the sea much as we were a bit scared about the jellyfish!

We got to Rockhampton quite late that evening and made a mad dash to a steak restaurant that we had just found out was still open! It was scrumdiddlyumptious!! :o)

We woke up the next morning to really bad weather and assumed that our Whitsundays trip would be cancelled as so many had been recently, so we decided to phone the company as we didn't need to rush up there if it wasn't going to be on, but luckily it hadn't been cancelled and they said they didn't think it would be either so we drove straight up to Airlie Beach, just stopping for carrot cake (which was our staple diet in Oz) on the way! :o)

xxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb