Yellow Creek


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
July 13th 2007
Published: July 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Very difficult to explain the filling going through the narrows.
As the tide comes up, it covers the mangroves up to the top only leaving the very tip uncovered.
As we saw the area on low tide and dry, now sailing through the same area but filled with water it was if the world has been inundated and everything was drowned. It was like in a movie where nothing was left except us and Escondido, well, we did pass Volcano going the opposite way, but still I was very relieved to arrive at the other end.
We spend the night outside Mosquito Creek, no.. not that there are many mosquitos, is just the name, and make our way into Pacific Creek the next morning.
Next day as we went on a resonance trip of Pacific Creek, in the dingy, we found out that it wasn’t so nice, so decided to stay outside the entrance in that way first thing the next morning we could sail to Yellow Patch, where we have been told its really pretty and the fishing is great.
Once again we had to wait for the tide to come in at 16:00pm, as it is a very narrow pass to enter through the sand banks.
Peter and Cherry from Shifting Sands have been in Yellow Patch for three nights already and know the area, so went to meet them in the dingy, and to see the area on low tide to see where the sand banks are. They gave us the coordinates into Yellow Patch so that evening with no problem sailed into this beautiful, peaceful place.
We have been here for three days now and we think we will stay for another week if the food holds, this is a perfect place to get yabbies and fish all day, not that we get fish all the time but enough for us to eat every lunch time, Peter is a very knowledge fisher man and has been given us lots of good tips.
The days are sunny and warm, away from the wind that dies down around noon until sun down, then at dusk is the sun flies and mosquito time, they are vicious but with a lot of spy we keep them abbey, and the nights are quite cold for this time of the year.
Just loving it....



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.132s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb