At Home on The Farm


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
May 3rd 2007
Published: May 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

27th April

We got into Rockhampton at around 6.15am to be picked up by the people at Myella farm at 6.30am, from the bus stop we where taken to the farm which is about an hours drive away. We had breakfast at 7.30am and then went horse riding through the farm paddocks, where we got to round up all the cattle and put them into different pens. After lunch we had motorbike lessons on a manual bike which was good fun but quite difficult. After we all got the hang of it we had a short break. After the break we went for a 7km ride around the farm in the red dust, after this we where going to watch the sunset but on our way there we saw a snake track and went snake hunting instead. We had a nice dinner with homemade beer.

28th April

In the morning Lauren and I went to milk a cow, each which was a good experience. We did not want to go horse riding today so instead we got given a job of going to check some of the water troughs on the farm using the motorbike which I think was more fun than horse riding. After lunch I got roped into helping make the beer which didn't take very long and Lauren decided to do a hay run which took about 5 mins, Lauren will tell more about this. After helping make the beer I taught myself how to crack a whip, which I managed to do 2nd time, and the people Lauren was sitting with, said it was unfair as some people have been there 3 days and could still not do it. Later in the day we got dropped of at a hostel where we decided to stay for the night before getting the bus the following day.


Advertisement



9th May 2007

OMG Lauren - u milked a cow ha! thats brill
21st May 2007

Dad is watching
Hi Lauren Have printed off blog to date for Dad. He enjoyed the postcard. Cheers Ray from the Alex
29th May 2007

thanks ray. i was under the impression he went to the libary to read them but i guess the lure of the alex was too hard to fight so u had to print them off for him! glad he liked the postcard! x

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb