6 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Ravenshoe
July 6th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a week of driving long distances daily and sleeping by the roadside the effects had caught up to us and we did not take off until close to 10 am.<span><span>However, driving these distances is the best way to see this country and its ever-changing beautiful terrain.

First stop was Georgetown which is a lovely farming community and although small, the appearance of the town reflected pride with all lawns neatly trimmed and the streets spotless.<span> Shop owners had that genuine country hospitality and we picked up some fresh fruit and veg after paying for a shower at a local caravan park (bliss after not seeing one for a few days).

We continued on east towards Cairns and the horizon became more spectacular as the Great Dividing Range came into view.<span> Over the last 100 kms towards tonight’s destination, grey clouds suddenly blanketed the skies and this was the first time we had seen anything but sunshine and blue skies since staying at Kalbarri in Western Australia during May!<span> It was a surprisingly nice change and as we moved further up among green mountain sides with soaring trees, the sun and dust filled journey over the last few months became a distant memory.

Late afternoon we passed through Mt Garnet and as we pulled into our roadside stay for the night the dusty grounds we have become accustomed to were replaced with green grass and a cool running stream of fresh water; nice.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb