Day 135 Australia, Bundaberg to Rainbow beach.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach
March 30th 2015
Published: April 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Family, Friends and Bloggers,



After a very early start (3am) we made it on to the Premier bus from Bundaberg to Rainbow Beach. Thank you Jeff and Keiva for everything this weekend!!!



It was a short drive to Rainbow Beach, so we arrived about 7.40am. The hostel (Frasers on Rainbow) was right opposite the bus stop, which was very handy but unfortunately we couldn’t check into our room until 12pm, so we had to hang around, and I was so tired. I had a sleep on Neil while he read in the common area, then we had a walk to the beach and around the shops; this didn’t take very long at all as Rainbow beach is tiny. We had a breakfast of boiled eggs, cheese and biscuits, carrot sticks and apples. (this was made by Jeff for us can't believe how much they spoilt us!!!)



Meeting at 2pm about dingo safety, and little about how to drive a four wheel drive in the soft sand. We met our group of 7, one guy from Israel, 2 girls from England, 2 girls from Germany and us. One guy from Ireland didn’t turn up but I think he is still joining us tomorrow. The meeting pretty much terrified everyone about driving the 4 wheel drives and getting stuck, so many rules they were drilling into us about not driving in the sea, not driving on the west coast, what gear to use in soft sand, low and high ratio etc. But it can’t be that hard when all we have to do is follow the speed and tracks of the instructor’s car that is driving in front.



In the evening Neil and I cooked a cheap pasta meal in the hostel. Then we had an early night as had literally been up since 3am. There were also a few people doing the same in our dorm, so we had a quick chat too.





Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb