Rainbow Beach!...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach
April 28th 2007
Published: April 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were only in Rainbow beach for 2 nights .

... we checked into Dindo's backpackers late when the bus arrived....it was really good cos we met up with Louise, Charlotte and Megan there and we hadn't seen them for a while. We also met Megan's Boyfriend Chris who was class and loved playing pool and football and messing around just as much as Ant does!! Chris was only out to visit Megan for 2 weeks but it ment he could do the Fraser Island trip with us anfd do a bit of the East Coast!

Unfortuantly the main thing to see in Rainbow Beach is th Carlos Sandblow which is a massive 120metre high sand dune...but it was closed for nature work to be done on it so we could only see it from a distance. the sands at Rainbow were all different colours (hence the name of the place).

instead we spent time on the beach Ant and Chris could play football and play in the sea while the girls sunbathed in peace! The hostel had a free shuttle bus to a creek one day and it was lush. we got dropped off and walked into the bush for a bit and ended up at a really pretty creek... the water was sooooo clear it was like tap water! so we splashed in there for a bit then Ant stayed in and saw a HUGE Catfish!! so we didn't go back in!!

That was all we managed at Rainbow but the Hostel was good with cheap pool and jugs of beer so we were never bored on the night time! plus me and Louise COOKED!! and fantastic Spag Bol for 6 people and it was amazing!

Then we jumped on the bus to Hervey Bay!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th July 2007

marvellous
Hi Emma and Ant Just caught up with you both today due to all sorts of things but what stars you are!! Loving everything you are sending back and your Mums and Dads must be so proud of what you are achieving. I know I am! Enjoy every second you have left on your travels and can't wait to see you both when you get back. Hugs from Allan and Lynne XX

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb