The Great Barrier Reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
January 29th 2011
Published: January 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the way to Port Douglas I went on a day trip to Cape Tribulation to see the Daintree Rainforest and guess what, it rained all day. We went on a river cruise to see crocodiles. Unfortunately we didn't see one as the river was to high due to the rain and the croc's were just swimming underneath. We did see a snake, but was hardly interested. Did a boardwalk of the rainforest and got soaked. We headed to a lookout which we couldn't see a thing due to the mist and rain and we didn't even bother getting out of the coach. Last thing was a trip to Mossman Gorge which you can usually swim in, but due to the heavy rain the current was way to high and too strong so none of that. So not the greatest trip for the price I paid.

Port Douglas was pretty quiet, it is the off season for queensland, so in the evenings involved just watching tv and more tennis. I did head out onto the reef and did 3 scuba dives which were cool. The coral looked awesome and very colourful, but due to my luck I never saw any
Scuba DivingScuba DivingScuba Diving

In a ridiculous lycra suit
sharks or any turtles. As we were scuba diving, aparently there was a turtles on the top for the snorkelers. Still it was fun and scuba diving is a must for all.

On my last night I actually played poker. Their were two free tournaments and a prize of $60 for the winner, so i attempted to help my travels, but unfortunately didn't get the cards. I did manage to get to the last table out of 4 in the first game, but to no avail.

Port Douglas is a nice little place to chillout and relax and there was a nice breeze coming off the sea, so wasn't to hot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Daintree RainforestDaintree Rainforest
Daintree Rainforest

The original tree has gone and whats left is another tree that used the original to live off and kill.
BoatBoat
Boat

Boat used for the Great Barrier Reef
Speed BumpSpeed Bump
Speed Bump

Their was a story about the sign as it's a Cassowary, a local bird


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb