Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
January 24th 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We headed north for our second destination, taking in some great views of the coastline - the driver argued the case for the view being more impressive than the better known Great Ocean Road. However, we'll give our own verdict on that in 4 weeks time!! We stayed at a YHA place called Port O'Call. Luxury!! We had ensuite and unlimited aircon use!!!! The bar/restaurant area is a bit dated, but the food is okay - the portions are large though!

Spent the afternoon exploring Port Douglas itself which has quite a village, green and leafy feel to it. A very nice, low-rise, boutiquey town - we'd go back there.

Here the top 3 attractions are :
The Rainforest Habitat / Breakfast with the Birds (blog: The Rainforest Habitat (Breakfast with the Birds))
Mossman Gorge (blog: Mossman Gorge, Daintree & Cape Tribulation)
Daintree National Park / Cape tribulation (blog: Mossman Gorge, Daintree & Cape Tribulation)

The beach at Port Douglas (Four Mile Beach) is superb and was within 5 mins walk of Port O'Call, so we spent much of the afternoon here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Road to Port DouglasRoad to Port Douglas
Road to Port Douglas

A View from the lookout on the Bruce Highway, Cairns to Port Douglas


Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb