Normanton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Normanton
November 4th 2012
Published: November 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Nicoll RigThe Nicoll RigThe Nicoll Rig

Spent the night by the roadside just outside Normanton. Woke up early to a very warm morning and greeted by a magnificent sunrise.
4th November 2012.

It was 8am Sunday morning in Normanton and already 31 degrees. Everything was closed except for Foodworks. So, we checked into a caravan park and setup camp next to the pool. We spent the entire day relaxing and cooling off in the pool. Sasha rescued a tree frog and a small lizard from the pool after they went for a dip and couldn't get out. . The right brake pad had somehow broken off Taylor, and while Daniel was under Taylor, he noticed Taylor was leaning to the right. Not only was the right brake pad broken, so was the right leaf springs. Daniel was rather upset as this meant would could not do the Gulf track to the Northern Territory via Burketown and Borroloola. The Gulf track was another dirt road which involved several river crossings and more dust holes. The locals believe this road is worse than the Burke Developmental Road and we would be lucky to be travelling anything faster than 50km/h. Thats it, no more dirt roads until Taylor is fixed. Anyway, we spent the rest of the day relaxing by the pool and watching the eagles flying above.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Nicoll RigThe Nicoll Rig
The Nicoll Rig

Taylor is so dirty, you could not see behind the glass door. Sasha wrote on the window 'The Nicoll Rigg'.
The girlsThe girls
The girls

The girls cooling off.
The Nicoll RigThe Nicoll Rig
The Nicoll Rig

We were lucky enough to have a spot under the trees and next to the pool.
EagleEagle
Eagle

The eagle had landed (near our campsite)
The PoolThe Pool
The Pool

This was a very popular place on this hot, sunny, day.


Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb