down, not out


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
May 15th 2008
Published: May 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

may 3 spruik mccauleys beach for mass support. cleaned again and amazed at how much trash i kept finding. encountered colin feral bleeding bare feet with duffel bag full of trash he'd gathered from bushland. onya mate! lunch more spruik, more stories. bloke looking for me 'long time' got sticker. girl in ute came by wanting flag and sticker, did chant!!! i can feel the momentum.
may 4 long lovely day. dreaming track of beaches, sunday market and endless chats with ozmerican 'henry' of shaved ice fame. we had so much in common even our watches and having found fifty dollars on beach. more stories of suport. i can't tell them all here. three booths had flags flying. two women got large for flagpole in woolgoolga! and one woman i fell in love with at first sight and she listened to me patiently and at length. sun setting while i have my first beer, legs aching from so much walking, i feel good.
(bit here inserted in previous entry)
may 6 (cont.) to finally rest in bangalow after blistering stickering. i'm gonna need help. ten flags and heaps stickers. weather perfect after chill night, coffee lismore short run. many report of sightings!!! efforts redoubled rewarded. we can do more. war a disgrace for by definition 'progress' has been at the expense of others. look at hillary astride the middle ground where nobody lives. camelot on the left and win in vietnam (afghanistan) on the right. i studied the 'war to end all wars'. it must be the dialogue to end all wars. put hussein obama in the white house and he'll hold the world in the palm of his hand. indications are that he's gifted, lucky and intelligent. the hum of refrigeration, the rumble of trucks, bangalow leaves sway languidly, white butterflies. the hard steel line of tracks, spares used for railing. lovely country. green and silver tin rooves. and a ten meter web of spiders waiting.
may 7 byron. disasterous loss of emails!!!!! major not happy. and later still distressed at loss of all those emails of support and wonderful thoughts on what the dots mean. will also have to reestablish links to suppliers. more work. otherwise a perfect day with lots of support at wategos.
may 8 feeling down, loss of emails saddening. good spruik mullumbimby. legs weary parkup riverside vibes gathering. folk wandering. sunshine. bongos. has obama knocked off hillary? call from bloke wanting to do bathers. milestone: have used up the first box of handwavers!!! carly roomier now.
may 9 bush camp noondah road, stars aplenty. on through sweet country. tweed and cooly. back in town! whip round then snapper rocks parkup. lunch and another good result. at this rate i'll have to reorder in a month! tottooing woman got five handwavers and multiple stickers. then again up to lattitude lookout where ute bloke taped waver to roof!!! surf scene serenewith solid seabreeze

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb