From Surfers to Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The weeks are passing by soo quickly and we've seen quite a few places in the space of a week, problem is finding the time and place to update everyone at home all about it. finding an internet connection which is decent enough to upload photos is proving tricky. Thankfully we now have access to Peterpans free internet as we booked tours with them. So here goes an attempt to round up what we have been up to this last week. I will upload photos soon but in the meantime you can view the lot on http://picasaweb.google.com/cookye/ for mine and http://picasaweb.google.com/scakebread/ for Sarahs'
New photos have just been added!

So once we left Byron our next destination was Surfers Paradise. We only had one night there as we wanted to spend more time up the coast and we hadn't heard good things about the place. Turns out its ok, definitely resort like but wasn't bad. We spent the night in a converted motel which wasn't bad, but not the best place we've stayed. The hostel got us free entry to the club Melba's and free drinks so couldn't refuse so the 3rd night out is was! We met an Irish dude John who came out with us and we spent the night drinking and dancing, just like the last few nights!
We didn't get up to much the next day, went to the arch just for the photo then chilled on the beach.

We arrived in Brisbane that evening but was soo knackered we didn't get up to much! - early bedtime after all that partying... lol
We spent the next day walking around the Southbank Area and stopped off at the man made beach - Streets Beach before spendin the afternoon in the Queensland art gallery. A nice alternative activity to do.
As we only had 2 nights there, once again... a night out was bound to happen. We cashed in on the $7 steaks in the bar below our hostel and proceeded to stay there all night. Met some Irish guys, one of which knew Ceroc which impressed Ali and he taught her lotsa cool new dance moves. they looked well pro on the dance floor in comparison to us lot... LOL.
Late night dancing equals unproductive day afterwards... hehe. Sat on the free city loop 1.5 times before gettin off to look around the shops and have lunch before catchin the bus outta there.

Now we're in Noosa, 2 days here and its been chucking it down both days - Boo.
Went on a surf lesson yesterday which was great fun. We all managed to stand up on the Surfboard which was an achievement. Will definately try it again.

Lets hope the rain stops soon.........

Amy xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb