Finally on our way to Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
October 31st 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Backpacking in style!Backpacking in style!Backpacking in style!

Its only for the weekend!
Fri 26th Oct:
Had a bad night with my knee, who said exercise is good for you (that would be me!) so Laz happy to drive to Noosa. Sheila (the car) started making a funny noise when we got near to Noosa so we managed to find a garage at get it looked at. The turbo gate cap (or something along those lines) had blown off and needed replacing but the mechanic pointed us in the direction of the Mitsubishi garage which was fortunately en route. Got a bit lost trying to find it and (sorry but I'm going to have a quick rant) Laz decided to drive all the way into Noosa before stopping to ask! What is it with men not wanting to stop and ask for directions! Anyway, rant over, found the garage, got directions to breakers yard and eventually (about 3pm ) got Sheila fixed.
Drove to Sunshine Beach, the quieter side of Noosa but couldn't find any accommodation so ventured into Noosa itself but all the hostels were full. Decided to just leave Noosa and find something outside for the night. As we were driving out we saw some apartments that were vacant and decided to
Pool areaPool areaPool area

Right outside our door
stop and enquire as it was beginning to get dark. Randomly ended up staying in a rather luxurious town house for the weekend! It was really nice, especially to have my own room, the master bedroom and a double bed!
Thankfully relaxed in our lounge for the evening and watched a DVD, so nice to have our own space for a while.

Sat 27th Oct:
We went to the world famous Eumundi Market. Lots of things to see there but very hot day, in the 30s again so had to stop for a skinny milk (for safety reasons....hydration!)
We decided to have a night out in Noosa so started at home with a couple of vodkas at home then went outside at 8pm to wait for our taxi. By 8.30 we were still waiting and after ringing the company still couldn't get a confirmed pick up time. Not happy and fed up so went back inside and enjoyed a good chick flick instead.

Sun 28th Oct:
Woke up feeling really groggy. Took a sleeping tab when I went to bed but kind of forgot that I'd also had vodka early on, oops, not the best combo! Did some
The patioThe patioThe patio

Looking into our town house
laps in the pool trying to wake myself up but nothing really worked so gave into it and chilled out on the sofa. NOt a very exciting day. Spent an hour writing a rather sarcastic letter to 3 then another 1hr typing it up and emailling to them. That was that for Sunday, early night and hoping will be feeling more alive tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

KitchenKitchen
Kitchen

And yes, I did cook macaroni cheese in it!


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb