time to relax and have some surf lessons.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well next stop after Brisbane was a place called noosa, which was another place that was nothing like i expected.

Well i got off my greyhound slightly worried as i had no were to stay and the hostel i phoned up whilst on the bus said they had no rooms available and then strangely wished me good luck as thoguh i would have really bad trouble finding a hostel. But fortunately i found one but unfortunately it was a 30 minute walk to the centre! My first task was trying to find a supermarket to buy food for the night, that ended up taking me 4 hours of walking in the boiling 35 degree heat to only find out 30 minutes later there was one just 10 minutes round the corner. Oh well you live and learn and at least i got to walk round the town. Thath night i had a pint with one of the guys in my dorm and then went to bed.

The next day i decided to spend it lying on the beach and so thats what i did i had a few dips in the really good sea which was a really good temperature and sat and read my book. Well after 4 hours on the beach i met up with Ian and Alex and asked around about fraser island and whitsunday deals. We found one but decided to think about it over night. Once again that night i went and had a few drinks with the english guy from my room.

We had decided the next day to book our trip for fraser and whitsundays and that ended uptaking up alot longer than expected and the day just seemed to run away from us, we had planned to walk the national park but by the time we had sorted all our trips out it had started to rain. Which was a pitty and a big regret as apparently the national park is really really nice. Well that night me and Ian played some table tennis which Ian didnt really enjoy as i beat him 3 games to 0.

The next day we decided it was time for a surf lesson, which was really good fun. Our teacher was very helpfull and due to the fact that there were only three of us on the lesson it meant we got alot of one on one time. I was really proud of myself as i picked it up really quickly and was the first one to stand up and surf a wave out of the three of us. I wouldnt say i was going to win any world championships anytime soon but its certainly something i enjoyed and would love to do it again and try to get good at, or at least competent!
Well after the lesson we went for a well deserved smoothie and then headed back to the hostel. That night we slept early as we had an early rise the next day to go to rainbow beach our gateway to Fraser Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



31st March 2007

up and away
Looked a natural;

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb