Elephants and tiger swimming


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
September 5th 2008
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Back at the hostel after Fraser and we were wiped out, another walk to the supermarket and then on to see Edel and Simon one last time before we left town.

We woke up bright and early Thursday morning and it was off to Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo. We had a jolly bus driver called John, the humour is definitely an acquired taste, had us all chuckling along though and with a Steve video playing we were soon at the zoo.

The first stop was the massive tortoise and they were huge and fast as the keepers played with them and we watched them being fed. We then went to feed some elephants, this was a lot of fun and quite messy as the elephants slimed your hands with their trunks.

With a quick walk up to the crocosium, a big stadium for croc shows, we passed by Steve’s memorial wall which was very touching, amazing how one man can touch and move so many others. The live show was great but a little heavy on the education at times, we were only there for the show. The keepers were really good with the animals and the croc show was great to see them jump and pounce.

After the show we headed off around the park and saw more koalas, dingos, lizards, snakes, red and grey kangaroos, wombats, crocodiles and alligators but no Tasmanian devils, they were hiding from us.

After we stopped for lunch there was only one thing that Alice had to do. The Zoo had three eight month old tigers and it was play time, off we went and watched in amazement as they jumped around and played with their keeper. He would run across the enclosure and jump into a big pool and the three cats would come hurtling after him.

It was soon time to get back on our coach but not before afternoon feeding for the elephants, so it was back in line with our fruit and veg in hand. It was so much fun I could have fed them forever.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

not so real crocnot so real croc
not so real croc

trying out being a dentist
my new friend speedymy new friend speedy
my new friend speedy

he was huge and not yet full size!
alice's new loveralice's new lover
alice's new lover

caught red handed lying with another guy
spot the keeperspot the keeper
spot the keeper

the eighth month old tigers go for a swim


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb