Fitzroy Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mossman
July 5th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

For our last day in Cairns, 5 French went to an island 45 min with the boat from Cairns. We wanted to do some scuba diving at the great barrier reef, but that is really too expensive. Thus this Island trip was the cheapest solution to get in touch with some nice beaches, beautiful water, some snorkling, hike in rain forest and to be a bit far from a city.

The weather could have been better. But the wind braught some fun during the boat trip. But it made the snorkling not that good. But even with the wind, 10 m from the beach, amazing fishes could be seen.

We did a nice walk till the summit of the island and had a panoramic view, really nice.

The most surprising surprise was to meet a french director of ballet working in Australia now. He has created his own ballet and they were performing in Cairns these days. And he offered us free tickets for that. The ballet was quite modern, with a lot of jazzy music. We had really a great time!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

dead coral beachdead coral beach
dead coral beach

Really surprising. It hurts a bit the feet but the waves on it make such a pretty sounds of cristal when rolling on it, it is so nice.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb