My Moon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
April 17th 2008
Published: April 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys!
So yesterday morning i had an early start to head on the bus to mission beach. After a quick stop to pay fuel levys and get official ticket, we headed on up to Bambuini rocks, where we saw the Devils pool, some silly story about people dying because of a ghost thing, but kind of funny! We then made a stop at Inisfail croc farm. It was soo cool. I got to hold a crocodile and snake, plus i fed kangaroos and stroked them, a very cool experience!! However, i have to say, the guys feeding the crocs and giving the tour, are, mental!! They do not seem to care to much, makiing the crocs jump up and stuff, one of these days someone will lose a hand!!

Arrived at mission beach at 1pm. Checked in with a lad called Dave, and we headed to see the beach. Turns out we cant swim because of stingers, what a pain! We then introduced ourselved to the other four from the bus, Jess, Lucy, Sam and Ollie. All really nice, and funny, so we all headed to get cash and supplies, before chilling by the pool. Having all cooked various meals, on different budgets, we all signed up for the pool tournament and headed over to the bar. I went out first round, just, but Ollie won it...$200, lucky man! Took ages though, and we were all quite tired from travelling early! Headed to bed about 12, having had a quick chat with some very funny irish guys!

We all got up at 7 to head white water rafting! The whole day was amazing!!! Had to get a bus to Tully, where we paid up and met up with people from Cairns, before getting on a big bus to the top of the river. Got kitted up, helmet, life jacket, and got into a group of 6, though sadly ollie and sam were with a different company. Our guide was a cool guy called callum, very entertaining. We did a couple of hours rafting in the morning, with a couple of swims as well, before stopping for a bbq. It was freezing, as had been raining and cloudy, but the bbq was well needed, and sorted us all out!

Headed back out for another couple of hours. Had some awesome bits of rapid, and at different stages did stuff for the camera. I have to admit, i did pull a moony for the video, whilst going down white water, good times! I have a copy of the dvd if you want to watch it! We also got to swim down a rapid which was really fun, though a little scary to be honest! The coolest bit was doing a somersault off a 4m rock, landed feet first luckily!

Having finished rafting, we headed back to tully to sample the dvd, but decided to get it since no photos or anything from the day, so a good momento to have me thinks! Now in the internet room with the girls, catching up on stuff whilst they plan next couple of days! I apologise that my blogs are less detailed that Perth but pushed for time and stuff! Hope they are still good reads though! keep in touch!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb