Sunshine Coast and hinterland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Maroochydore
April 22nd 2014
Published: April 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Sunshine coast and hinterland North of Brisbane is a wonderful place to visit.

We stayed for 4 nights at Cotton Tree. We had an apartment with super coastal views towards Moloolaba.

I enjoyed a round of golf at the well manicured Horton Park Golf Club. On one hole there were what seemed like hundreds of cockatoos flying around in the early evening.

There were some lovely walks along the long sandy beaches and esplanades of Maroochydore and Moloolaba.

The Boat Shed restaurant in Maroochydore was first class.

We travelled further North to watch the surfers at upmarket Noosa Heads.

Inland we drove to Montville and then Maleny. We visited the Mary Cairncross tropical rain forest. We saw many bush turkeys and the Pademelon Rainforest Wallaby. The red cedar and strangler fig trees were stunning.



On our way back to Brisbane we diverted to the Glass House Mountains.

These were very scenic in the early evening light.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



23rd April 2014

Sunshine Coast and hinterland
Good to hear that you enjoyed you time there - as I write this Kev and I have just settled into our Perth hotel after spend in Four nights in Swan Valley. Pity you weren't with us - there were two golf courses there!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb