Maroochydore With Toby + ManSam


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Maroochydore
December 15th 2008
Published: December 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

1st Nov - 12 Nov 2008



1st Nov 08

Arrived at Maroochydore after a 17hr coach ride, we slept alot of the way so it wasnt to bad and we had 2 seats to our selfs so we could lie down, we got there about 11am, the coach dropped us off at the information center and we didnt have a clue where we were going so we went inside the info center and asked the women if she could direct us to Cotton Tree Backpackers she said how about i drive you there, we were like 'well if you dont mind' all the people giving us lifts,hehe. so she went to get her car out the car park and off we went, it was only about a 10minute drive so we could of walked it but she insisted as we had all our luggage and it was a really hot day!
Got there, quite weired seeing toby again, hes really chilled out,hehe hes growing his hair and has taken up surfing.
The place is really nice, ova looking a really big river that looks more like a beach, so we have a nice view to wake up to! we are sharing an 8bed dorm,with toby and 5 others, he is also working at the hostel,he is suppose to do 1 hour of cleaning a day, but that 1hour takes him about 3hours as he is very slow because he stops and chats to everyone and is singing his heart out,haaaa!! have you ever herd toby sing,he has such a good voice,lol he also works on reception wed-sat for a few hours.
Just chilled out for the day really as we were still quite tired from our coach journey!!

2nd Nov 08

Had a look around the town today, its about a 10minute walk from the hostel, Toby got his lip peirced and lewis got a new plug for his ear, hes gone up to a 4mil now. The town is really nice, quite big, proberly the biggest weve seen in oz so far as all has been 1 level sort of thing.
After just went down to the beach which is about a 5minute walk from us,its such a nice beach, hardley anyone on it really,kirsty sunbathed whilst lewis and toby did abit of surfing, not that lewis can actually surf but hes giving it ago.

4th Nov 08

In Melbourne today they have a big horse racing event, like Ascot (sort of) so we went into town to a pub called The Pig And Whistle to watch the race.
We did some bets as you could in the pub, we did actually win but cant remember how much because we did get really drunk, drank soooo many jugs of Toothys.
we were sat outside on a table and there was a big group of men on the other table to us, we all got chatting to this one guy, he was massive, then he started taking the piss right out of us about sport, really we didnt care because none of us really follow sports but we were just having a laugh with him, then because we were being quite loud we got thrown out of the pub.....haaaaa and it was an english pub!! weve found that alot here that the aussies really ripe it out of you because of sport!!
Came back and went to the bottle shop, we were all sooo drunk we got into the massive fridge out the back haaaa all messing around having our photos taken, kirsty climbed right to the top of all the boxes for a photo, it was freezing in there, after our little bit of fun we went to pay and behind the counter was a tv screen with loads of cctv filmings on it, the guy must of seen us in there but he didnt say anything, hehe!!
Got back to the hostel and drank even more largers, toby fell asleep in the hammack in the garden so kirsty ran over to it and started to swing it back and forwards like a swing he was shouting 'Noooooooo Stooooop' it went so high and he flung out into the air then hit the floor, it was so funny!! he had a bad back before and it seemed to have sorted it out, hehe!!

6th Nov 08

The last couple days weve been going to the beach, as the weather has been really nice.
In the night we were all outside in the garden having a few beers when this guy from the nightclub in town came over and said he would do a free pick up for us anytime so a few of us got ready and went to this nightclub called 240s its was sooo rubbish, was like being in a small arena, not good!! only stayed for a couple hours then got the free bus back to the hostel, got some beers and went and drank on the jetty (like a peer) which over looked the river oppiste the hostel. We saw some sting rays slowly moving towards us, how cool!!! it was so nice to watch as the water was quite shallow so you could really see them.

8thNov 08

Went to Noosa on the bus today, the weather was abit cloudy though. Looks such a nice place, would be really nice to stay here!
We did a coastal walk to see all the coves, we got down the rocks of 1 cove and wrote our names with rocks, seemed like the thing to do,lol as there was lots of names there. It took ages though because it was quite hot even though it was cloudy.
Walking along the treck we saw a group of lads jumping in a rocky bit, like a rock pool, they were crazzzy!! it was filling up and going out in seconds, soo dodgey, they were loving it though they had a great croud watching them jump!!
As we were walking along we spotted a pod of dolphins....WOOOW... never seen them in real life before, there were loads just swimming and comming up for air, they were to far out to get a good picture though.
When we got back we went in to town and saw the scatty lizard we tried to get a photo of the other day, managed to get one today and just up from it there was another one whiched looked just like a little dragon, we got a picture of that one no problem, he jus seemed to of sat there for the photo. Theres loads of really nice wildlife here, its just a normal thing having lizards running around the town,lol
Kirsty has a cold today!!! 😞

9th Nov 08

ManSam arrived today!!! showed him around the place, quite a drizzely day today! Its quite weired us all being together, we said its funny because we would never be able to arrange a trip to spain together and now were all over the other side of the world.
In the night Luke and Pete from the hostel put out crab pots out in the river, so we went to see lukes boat, Kirsty named the boat Barbie,lol its never been named before and now the name has to stick because once you've named a boat the name can never change lol.. Didnt really do much in the evening just had a few beers with everyone on the hostel.

10th Nov 08

Toby borrowed the hostel van today, so went off to try and find ManSam a surf bord, we were in one shop and sam was saying to the guy about him sinking on most bords hes been on so he needs quite a thick bord, the guy turned around and sai "well you are a big b**tard arent you" so so funny!! hehe!! we had no luck with finding a bord, so headed off to Noosa again as it was a really nice day!
We went to the same little cove with the rock writing, it was only us on the beach, it was sooo nice, its proberly one of the nicest beaches weve seen. The waves looked soo cool, they were quite big and really clean, Kirsty just sunbathed again,lol as the waved would of proberly wiped her out and she hate the water going in her face and Lewis Toby and Sam went in the water., had such a nice day on the beach. On the way back up the rocks, toby and sam saw a brown snake...ahhhhhhh.... now they are dangerous!!!
On the way back same place as the other day we saw the dolphins again,but because it was such a nice day and the water was calm you could see them alot clearer, we also saw a Koala and an agwarner lizard, strange looking thing, looked like a snake with stumpy legs!!
We got back and we did the biggest BBQ ever, we had steak, pork, chicken, sasuages, burgers, cobs, salad and not forgetting the Shrimp Sheila!! was sooo yummy we ate loads as you can imagine...
Had a really good night with everyone, got quite drunk again!! heheee, Lewis won 30$ on poker, it went on forever though!

11th Nov 08

Went to Australia Zoo today, got the free bus at 9.15am. Its such a coool Zoo, its home to the Croc Hunter Steve Irwin and his family.
You can look around at all the animals and there are lives shows on all day, you can also watch or take part in animal feeding!
We saw the live croc show and at first they had elephants walking around parrots and other birds flying around, they were wizzing past ur heads, it was so cool,then the croc show started, some of them were so fat and were eating meat out of the guys hand, quite sceary for the men to be so close! We saw turtle, otter and Koala feeding, we did elephant feeding, Kirsty fed them melon and Lewis fed them potato, we saw loads of animals...emus wombats...(kirsty really wants one) taz devils, snakes, loads of crocs.
The Tiger Temple was amazing, there were 3 tigers swimming in the water with this lady who was messing around with them with this rag on a stick, they were jumping in and out the water, they looked soo cool!!
They had a massive greenery bit with kangaroos in, there were loads of them, we bought some roo food for them to eat, they were really friendly, we had lots of photos taken with them. One had a little joey in it pouch.
Kirsty had her picture taken with a Koala, awww she was so cute, really sleepy though and she scrached kirstys neck abit,hehe!
This zoo is absolutly amazing, not like our zoos at home, theres so much to see and do all day.
Just chilled out in the night really, packed our backpacks ready for our 10hr coach journey to coffs Harbour tomorrow.....Wooop!! we love these long journeys...heheeee!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 29


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb