Magnetic (or Maggie as Bev would say!) Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
March 3rd 2009
Published: March 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

It seems like a lifetime ago now that i was on Magnetic Island as i'm writing this from Fiji! So i'll keep this one brief! I think it took about 6 hours to get to Townsville from Airlie Beach but there wasn't much to see or do in Townsville or many places to stay so i headed straight on the ferry to Magnetic Island. The hostel i stayed at was right on the beach and had a decent bar and a stream running past the huts where we slept and there were palm trees everywhere. So it's a beautiflu little island but unfortunately the weather wasn't great once again. Nevertheless i did a couple of walks to see the nature on the island and up to the top of a big rock to get a good view and then i caught the bus to the other side of the island to visit a wildlife sanctuary. They had crocodiles and other reptiles, koalas, birds and all sorts and we could hold most of them. It was really good and think i got some good pictures so i'll let them tell the rest of the story and just say that I had a great couple of days on Magnetic Island but i'll go into more detail about Fiji very soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb