GOOOOOOOON


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Turns out kangaroo is very very nice... really lean meat, melted in the mouth- definitely going to be having it again!
On to mission beach yesterday, quite a nice little place but unfortunately the weather wasnt so great.. we went out on friday night to the local "club" which is about a 15 minute free shuttle ride away. unfortunately when we wanted to leave we were told the shuttle wouldnt take anyone back for another 3 hours cause they wanted people to stay and spend money... no cabs in sight so we decided to walk back the "gentle 20 minute, half an hour walk along the beach".
An hour later and we still havnt arrived back at teh hostel. We have no idea if we have walked past it or are going in the right direction, and no idea how far we still have left to go. At one point we had to cross a small lagoon- lake type thing, and later on we ended up in someone's back garden, thinking it was the hostel. AN hour and 20 mins later we finally arrive back, and head straight to the hammoks to crash out!
Next day was skydiving day, but, just my luck, the weather was too bad to do it. went all the way to the centre with diana (sweet austrian girl) and paid and everything but by the time we were all done it was too bad to go out 😞

On to magnetic island at lunch time, a gorgeous place- totally postcard picturesque amazing location, seemily perpetual sunshine and amazing beaches. We bought goon- very cheap wine made from the dregs of wine bottles which comes in weird four litre bag thingys and in the evening a whole group of us went out to the rocks on teh beach and chilled there with the goon, some music, amazing view of the stars.. basically your typical ideal holiday night! Luckily not accompanied by a hangover this morning, i being the sensible one (didnt really fancy falling down on those rocks, seeing as im malcoordinated enough on flat surfaces)

Woke up really early this morning for some reason so went out and sat on the deck overlooking the sea. watched the sun rise and literalluy sat there for 2 hours til i could get some breakfast. Then went clambering over teh rocks with sam to look for will who had decided to go and climb a monster of a cliff/rock thingy - got about half way there when, true me style, i fall and graze/ bruise both my feet. Hobbled back and swiftly antiscepticed and bandaged up, but i can still feel the throbbing!
Got to go study- have a whole scuba diving book to learn by tuesday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb