Fitzroy and Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
January 6th 2008
Published: January 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the way down the coast i hopped on a couple of ferries and visited some of the many islands. Fitzroy was full of birds and skinks. The Endangered fruit pigions that fly in from papua new guinea when the trees bare their friut and millions of major skinks in fact you would see a new one with every footstep. I went snorkling with the sea creatures again and came across a blue stingray. I also climbed to the summit and met a green tree snake on the way😊 Oh and i forgot to mention the snake in kuranda at davies creek national park. We came across an inland tipan - The deadliest snake in the world although he just stopped smiled at us and went on his way!
On Magnetic Island I did a big treck of the beaches climbing big hills to get over to the next secret bay. There i woke up to the noisy kewlu birds who also joined me in the evenings for fish and chips. I met rock wallabies, black cockatoos, stingray who seem to swim the length of the beach with me and lorikeets. Most people hired scooters and mini mokes which looked lots of fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb