Happy New Year


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
January 1st 2008
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow what a New Years Eve night we had. Bungalow Bay was going off. We did 80 meals (considering we normally do about 45) this was quite a lot but with the great Head Chef doing his magic and leading the charge we got through them all with no hassles at all. Geb was busy on the bar, although was told they could slip in a few quiet beers as they worked! We also got brought in a bottle of Yellow Champagne from the boss - very nice indeed.

I joined Geb at about 10:30 after he had already had one shot of limbo with quite a few willing participants. There were some people mucking around with it so I started it off again. Loads of fun. We had the open air big screen playing a guests 80's DVD's and the atmosphere was buzzing. At about 11:30 we switched the telly onto the screen to watch the fireworks from Sydney. Party poppers and champagne were passed out to all (about 80 people), even those dancing on the balcony. Midnight arrived, the poppers popped and then back to the limbo. We started a game of Coconut Bowls at 1:15am which went on until about 2:15 after which we all went to bed.

In Townsville today (NY Day) and tomorrow for a rest up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



2nd January 2008

Too much fun!!
Sounds like a great way to see in the new year. Love the whole ideaof this blog, very cool and now I can get a real sense of where you are and what is happening. Since when has Elly had blonde hair?????? Santa is looking a bit trim to be authentic See you guys soon Ret
2nd January 2008

...and another thing...
Just like to add that I'm first!
10th January 2008

Post more pics of Raul the Lotion Boy. Actually I don't really care that much about Raul but the pool side scenery looks great... Sounds like you're having a great time, have a beer and any kind of pork product for me...

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb