Koala Sanctuary


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
November 12th 2006
Published: November 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I had to add an extra blog entry for this little gem as it was so amazing!!!

On our last day on Magnetic Island, me, Lou and Katy took a short trek to a Wildlife and Koala Sanctuary. It was run by a little old lady and we were the only ones there. Firstly we checked out there birds who apparently really love English woman and this little white thing called Snowy got really attached to Lou. He was sticking his head through the cage and lifting his wing, demanding to be stroked. He was then jumping up and down, spinning around and bouncing around his cage in a sort of dance. It was so sweet and very entertaining. Another kept trying to get our attention by saying Hello.

We then moved on to the Koalas and they were mind blowing. We were able to go into their cages and right up close to take picture and stroke on. There was a mother with her 8 month old baby called Suzie, and I have never seen anything so cute before. Another looked like he was doing yoga and they were all fast asleep. We spent ages just watching them and I even took a video (with commentry) as a pic just wasn't enough.

There was also a wombat and two kangaroos there and we were able to stroke them.

It was one of the best experiences so far and we were so pleased we went.

Though I nearly ruined the day by leaving my camera there and only realising half way back to the hostel. Totally paniced but a lovely shop keeper and the very lovely old lady at the santuary helped me out, and she even drove to give it back to me. Big big relief!!!

Check out the pics - soooooo cute!!!

Later...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



13th November 2006

SOOOO cute!!
Missing you loads babe. Glad you are having a fab time, it all looks amazing and the koalas are SOOOO cute! Am very jealous! Take care and keep having fun. Love and hugs, Sarah xxxxxx
14th November 2006

koalas
yeah they are cute as but dont you all agree, they're ******* smelly!!!

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb