No shortage of excitement in this camp!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Longreach
March 28th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Winners!The Winners!The Winners!

Fashion Queen and Running Champ!
Drove off the Ship and Headed up the Coastline of Victoria, had a bit of a drive and arrived at midnight in Johnsonville at my god parents house. Thank goodness we were there for a couple of days as the weather was extremely hot. Their house is on the banks of the Tambo River, a very beautiful place.
Thanks Merlyn and Bruce for having us.
On the road again to the High Country to set up camp for Easter. Found a great free campsite at Victoria River Falls, Across the road from Cobungra Stn where the Geebung Polo match is held. My cousin Greg and Neda arrived the next day and Ben, Kim and Jake of Saturday.
Off to the Omeo Rodeo with lovely warm weather after a freezing day before. Rodeo was interesting, the first one we've been to where an animal was killed. A bucking bronce head butted the strainer post, horsey dead. That quick. The rider was injured as well.

Easter Sunday, hope you all had a good easter! We went o the Geebung Polo match, something everybody needs to do in thier lifetime. It is the best family day out. Clancy came second in the girls
Cowboy Kris!Cowboy Kris!Cowboy Kris!

Something cute about those cowboys!
fashion parade, following in her mothers footsteps who also came second in the ladies fashion parade, Although I had to flash my.......s at the judges to gain my placing. Can't believe I did that, it was my brothers fault, he made me drink too much wine !
Kassidy came third in the kids running race, which was a great effort as there was about 100 kids!
Kris won the beer drinking contest!

After saying our goodbyes to eveyone we left the High Country bound for outback Queensland.
Long drive to Wagga, set up camp, Poured rain all night, everything drenched!
Set up wet camp at Nyngan, very heavy fog, everyting still wet , now lots of wet washing as well.
Drove on through Cunnamulla, saw the fella, through Charleville and pulled up at Wyandra. Nice and dry here, warm desert breeze, free community camp site, lovely.

Next day onto Longreach to pull up for a couple of days. Pull up we did!. 2 minutes from our camp,Big dip in the road, Cattle Grid, Layed the camper on its side for a couple of seconds, Broke springs on camper, stuck on side of road 4 kms out of Longreach. Tow Truck came , put camper on towed it away. Kind older couple picked us up and took us back thier lovely old Queenslander home with the most amazing pressed tin ceilings, fed us and gave us beds for as long as it takes to get on the roud again.

Fortunately it can be repaired here quite quickly. No shortage of excitement in this camp!

Off to the Longreach Stockmans Hall of Fame we go.!

Till the next entry, Cheers for now!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

OH ! NO!OH ! NO!
OH ! NO!

Layed the camper on its side just out of Longreach.


29th March 2008

Flasher! hehehe
Hiya Utech family...we hope you had a brilliant Easter. Kassidy gets to have her birthday without the Easter bunny this year hey! Sorry to hear about the camper. Hope alls well now. Im looking forward to seeing Longreach...just gotta love QLD. Keep in touch. safe travels. The Pitts crew xx
29th March 2008

Nothing stops the UTech Clan!
What an adventure!! Nothing like a little prang (although a caravan topple ain't that little!) to add to the excitement. Very glad that no one was hurt. Thank goodness for good samaritans in this world - I'm glad you had some kind people to look after you. Have to congratulate Kassidy for her running effort and Clancy for her fashion performance. Having a bit of a hard time trying to picture Chris in the show and baring her behind though. You didn't really did you Chris? Have to agree with you about cowboys - cute photo Kris!!! Take care you guys. Lots of love, Sarah and family.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb