Australia - Kroombit Cattle Station


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kroombit
June 20th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Kroombit at 3pm on Tuesday 12 June and immediately sat down to a steak lunch. We then walked around for half an hour and saw horses, donkeys and chickens. At 4pm, we went clay pigeon shooting and I only missed once out of five shots. We then formed groups of 3 and participated in the goat rodeo. The group stood in the middle of the pen and a goat was brought in. One person then had to chase and catch the goat and bring it to the centre of the pen. A second person had to pin the goat down by it's legs while the third person had to pretend to brand the goat - the fastest time being the winner. After quick showers, we sat down for a dinner of soup, potatoes, peas, carrots, roast beef and gravy. We were then given a talk about the cattle station and the local area before being shown how to crack a whip. Everyone was standing around drinking by the log fires when they announced we could have a go on their mechanical bull. Most people fell off the bull immediately but some managed to stay on for 12-15 seconds. Ian and I went on last and Ian lasted 21 seconds and I lasted 26 seconds so we had the two longest times. I went to sleep at 10.30pm and woke up at 6.30am for our bus trip to Airlie Beach.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb