farewell Dex


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
March 24th 2006
Published: June 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today is the final day of fun and frollicks in a favourite car. Having woken to find a council dude prowling the carpark we decided to make our get away. We took our time coming home, a nice convoluted route past Lake Cootharaba...huge but brown...nice! then the Louis Bazzo Drive (!) lead us north to Kin Kin, which I think must be officially australia's quaintest town. Proper, hicksville country town with a very old traditional Hotel and a general store. The school was built in 1911 and is a stunning building. Locals were genuinely shocked at the sight of tourists and declared loudly that we must be mad to come here on purpose. But we liked it.
The nearer to home we got the less keen we were to keep going. Parting with the car would be hard! Tin Can Bay and Rainbow beach held little in the way of excitement as the dolphin feeding was well past in Tin Can Bay; famed for its almost tame wild dolphins and the tide was too high to get round to see the rainbow sands at so named Rainbow beach! We perched on the lookout in the glorious sunshine for a while then went to investigate the Carlo Sandblow. The view looked straight down to the turquoise blue ocean!
Returning to Hervey we bade a sorrowful farewell to our little car and returned to the hostel to find that, having stayed there so much previously, they had placed us in a twin room! as if Sara wasnt sick enough of me already!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Best Aussie RoadThe Best Aussie Road
The Best Aussie Road

This road is classed as sealed!
Tin Can BayTin Can Bay
Tin Can Bay

shame about the dolphins
Rainbow BeachRainbow Beach
Rainbow Beach

nice wee beach
Sara and DexSara and Dex
Sara and Dex

Taken at Rainbow Beach. such nice weather
The SandblowThe Sandblow
The Sandblow

What a view


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb