Proserpine to Hervey Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
August 16th 2009
Published: August 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got as far south as Proserpine and stayed at the caravan park. In the morning we had a swim in the heated Olympic pool. It was fun. Left and went through Dingo Beach and stayed to look at Airlie Beach. They were both nice places. Then we drove to Eungella and stayed at the camping ground at the top of the valley. We drove to the dam and got there before 10am. It was nice, so we all decided to stay the night. I had a dip so I could call my family a chicken. Then Dad & Kate cooked tea, while I lit a fire.

Next we stayed at Carmila Beach. Kate and I went down to the beach. In the morning the tide was a long, long, way out. We took about 45 minutes to get out to the water. Dad came to get us - he ran out. We ran away from him, but he caught us at the water. We walked back to pack up the camper and drove to Byfield National Park, which is near Yeppoon and Rockhampton. I cracked my whip on the green, juicy grass. We got up in the morning and drove through Yeppoon, Rockhampton, Agnes Waters and the Town of 1770. 1770 is where Captain Cook first landed in Australia. We drove through to Sharon Nature Park to camp for the night. In the morning we went to see the Mystery Craters. They looked better in the photo, than how they were. Then we drove into Bundaberg and bought and jockey wheel. Left and drove to Hervey Bay. At the Information Centre we booked the camping and vehicle permits for Fraser Island. Stopped at the Big4 Caravan Park.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb