More!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay » Fraser Island
July 15th 2007
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Two in one day, I'm getting good at this now!! I'm actually in Byron Bay killing time waiting for the night bus, it's been really nice here a place I'd love to stay longer in, it's so chilled and relaxed, we took a stroll up the lighthouse and stood at the most Easternly point of Australia which is cool!!
So a little more about Fraser island, we woke at about six to hear the boys suggesting they wake us up for the sunrise, luckily they decided to let us sleep (remember my comment about Anna and Charlotte being comatose?!) and went to the beach and watched it themselves, apparently we didn't miss much so I'm happy we got the extra hours sleep! We had some brekkie, packed up the truck and headed on our way! We swapped drivers and were mainly driving on the beach this day, we drove around for ages trying to find somewhere for our rubbish but eventually managed to get rid of it and found ourselves at Eli creek which was awesome, we walked down it the first time and it was just beautiful, it was a fresh water creek which (we didn't find out til afterwards) had snakes and eels in but was surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers and was so peaceful, we decided walking down once wasn't enough so headed back to the top and swam down a few more times, there were parts which were deep enough that they let us just be taken down with the flow which was very cool! That was one of the highlights of the trip for me!! We then went to see the ship that is wrecked on the island but were shivering in our towels so didn't stay long!! Then we went and had a nice relaxing bbq which went on a little too long... We were supposed to head up to the champagne falls and Indian head (I'll describe them later) and we headed up there along the beach. I was driving by this time... Oop, I need to leave again!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb