Gold Coast Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
February 26th 2008
Published: February 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were glad just to chill over the next few days, mainly because we had had such a busy schedule the last few days and also the fact that the weather had turned so hot it was a very sticky 35degrees on the Gold Coast!

We relaxed in Kathryn's garden fascinated with the wild life, we saw water dragon lizards, a green tree frog, beautiful butterflies and pretty birds. However we wer'nt so impressed with the mozzies which later feasted on us whilst we were eating the delicious food which Sonny cooked up for us on the BBQ!

It was ever hotter the next day and as it was the weekend Sonny and Kathryn took us to do the wine trail on Tamborine Mountain, the scenery was awesome with the lushness of the rain forest against the deep blue skies. We had lunch at Cedar Creek and David despite the heat insisited on being a typical pom and ordered a pot of tea and a bowl of soup!
We did the trip to the Glow Worm caves, it was fascinating but rather eerie walking through the pitch black caves.
From there we went to do the wine tasting, we were impressed with the white and the rose' and brought a few bottles home with us.

We cooled down in pool when we got back, then that night we caught a bus to Surfers Paradise where we ate in a fancy Thai restaurant, a delicious meal (thanks to Granddad).

The next day was just as busy as Kathryn’s cousin Ian, his wife Meagan and their two little adorable boys Sean & Cameron joined us for a BBQ. Sonny’s brother Scott was also there. We enjoyed a swim in the pool first as Kathryn and Sonny did the preparations. Sonny excelled himself once more at his BBQ skills. We decided to eat at the communal area as there was plenty of shade and enough room for the boys to run around. They loved feeding the ducks at the Billabong. A fantastic day was had by all.

Unfortunately the next couple of days we had a fair amount of rain- a shame as Kathryn had booked 2 days off work. However it wasn’t a problem for me as we were able to hit the shops in the Pacific Fair and Harbour Town (much needed “girly time”).

On our last full day Ian and little Cameron drove down from Brisbane and took us to Burleigh Heads. We were able to relax on the beach and David and Ian had a swim in the surf. We ate delicious fish and chips for lunch. Later that evening we had our last night at the Hinterland pub and had a meal with Kathryn, Sonny, Roz and Ross. A pleasant evening but it didn't turn into a huge night as they were working the next day and of course we had a big day ahead us due to the fact we were flying out the following day.

Our time spent in Australia has been amazing, I can hardy believe that we managed to fit in so much and saw so many family members. It has been wonderful to see Kathryn again and to see how settled her and Sonny are- even though they are going travelling again!!
We will be sorry to leave Oz but anxious to get back to our family and friends at home and of course our two little dogs.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



20th March 2008

ring me when you get home must meet up
Hi Beryl and David I had a wonderful time reading your blog and seeing the pictures even if I did get a lump in my throat a few times and shed a tear at the latest blog. it was lovely to be able to share your holiday thank you. Have save journey home and ring me when you get back Beryl I will pop round to see you love to all Jean and Brian xx

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb